In this episode, Curt and Kevin bring the mighty month of #Ragnaroktober to a thunderous conclusion, wrapping up their preparation for Thor: Ragnarok with a discussion of Ragnarok and Roll, the cataclysmic climax to Walt Simonson’s Surtur Saga from The Mighty Thor #349-354, published by Marvel Comics!
As a winter storm sweeps across the planet, the giant fire demon Surtur marches toward Earth with the hordes of Muspelheim in tow! His goal? To storm the gates of Asgard, ignite his sword of Doom with the Flame of Destruction, and set the nine realms ablaze!
Can the God of Thunder, alongside Odin the All-Father, the Avengers, the Fantastic Four, Beta Ray Bill, the lady Sif, the Warriors Three and the assembled armies of Asgard, prevent this severe case of global warming? And can this host of heroes ascend into that Valhalla of extraordinary epics known as … The Comics Canon?
Things Discussed in This Episode:
- Civil War
- How do you pronounce “Surtur”?
- Walter Simonson’s Thor fan fiction
- The Dungeon of Frequent Escape
- Marvel Legacy #1
- “Surtur is SWOLE!”
- “With Starfox on the case, we can rest easy!”
- A Doom Tube? Seriously?
- The best panel in all of Thor comics?
- Beavis and Butt-Head
- Marvel’s Secret Wars action figure ad
- Thor #154-157: The Mangog Saga
- The Incredible Hercules Vol. 1
Join us in two weeks as we prepare for the release of Justice League with yet another earth-shaking epic, Kingdom Come!