In this episode, Curt and Kevin take the midnight train going anywhere, joined by Collider.com senior editor Matt Goldberg, as they mark the debut of Hulu’s new Runaways series with a discussion of Runaways: Pride and Joy by Brian K. Vaughan and Adrian Alphona, published by Marvel Comics!
All kids think of their parents as villains on occasion. But Alex Wilder and his adolescent friends have just discovered that their well-to-do parents are actual supervillains – members of a criminal cabal called the Pride! Stunned, our hormonal heroes steal away into the California night, determined to expose their felonious fathers and murderous mothers! Along the way, superpowers are discovered, secrets are revealed, superheroic identities are (briefly) adopted … oh, and someone gets a pet dinosaur!
Can these pubescent powerhouses stay a step ahead of their evil elders and avoid the most severe grounding of all time? And can our teen titans find placement in that home for wayward young Avengers known as ? The Comics Canon?
Things Not Discussed in This Episode:
- Runaways editor C.B. Cebulski’s new job as editor in chief of Marvel Comics (mainly because this was recorded before the promotion was announced)
Things Discussed in This Episode:
- The other Runaways
- The new Runaways series by Rainbow Rowell
- A farewell to AIM
- Matt Goldberg previews the Runaways TV series
- Our Eltingville Club episode
- Young Avengers Vol. 1: Sidekicks
- Pride of Baghdad
- Y: The Last Man
- The Collider Podcast