In this episode, Curt and Kevin convene in secret to decide the fate of that clandestine conclave of Marvel Universe movers and shakers known as the Illuminati, as seen in New Avengers: Illuminati: Road to Civil War and New Avengers: Illuminati #1-5, published by Marvel Comics!
Iron Man! Reed Richards! Professor X! Black Bolt! Prince Namor! Doctor Strange! Together, they’re one of the most powerful superteams ever assembled! Trouble is, they’ve assembled behind closed doors to make decisions that affect the entire world – and those decisions tend to keep coming back to haunt them, endangering the lives of millions!
Can this secret society of superheroes end the threats of the Incredible Hulk, the Beyonder and the shape-changing Skrull Empire once and for all? (Spoiler alert: No.) And can they stop fighting amongst themselves long enough to be inducted into that covert coffee klatsch known as … The Comics Canon?
Things Discussed in This Episode:
- The upcoming Inhumans TV series
- What Is the Illuminati, anyway?
- Bottle episodes
- Secret Wars reenactors
- The Illuminati: No girls allowed?
- Secret Invasion
- Jonathan Hickman’s New Avengers
- Illuminati: the stage play!
- Avengers vol. 2
- Grant Morrison’s Marvel Boy
- Mark Gruenwald’s Squadron Supreme
- The Origins of the Inhumans
- Happy belated birthday, Jack Kirby!
- Curt and Kevin’s Twitter handles and Curt’s podcast of the week
The Comics Canon is presented with the support of Creative Loafing Atlanta, home of such podcasts as Mo Audio and Atlanta Untrapped.
Join us in two weeks as we change course a bit to discuss Derf Backderf’s chilling My Friend Dahmer! And then get ready for … #Ragnaroktober!