In this episode, Curt and Kevin welcome special guest Alonso Duralde of the Linoleum Knife podcast, The Wrap and What the Flick?! to discuss three stories — The Seven Cities of Cibola, The Lemming With the Locket, and Tralla La — by classic Uncle Scrooge creator, writer and artist Carl Barks!
The world’s wealthiest mallard, joined by his nephews Donald Duck and Junior Woodchucks Huey, Dewey and Louie, sets out in search of seven legendary golden cities, an ancient civilization hidden in the Himalayas, and far-flung Herringtail, Norway, and runs afoul of the dastardly Beagle Boys — and one very elusive lemming!
Can a poor umptillion-fabulatillionaire prevail against those who would seek to relieve him of his wealth? And can he attain that prize greater than any gold, more rewarding than a swim in any money bin — entry into that billionaire boys’ club known as … The Comics Canon?
Things Discussed in This Episode:
- Did George Lucas once borrow from Scrooge McDuck?
- Uncle Scrooge as Daniel Plainview
- The Gods Must Be Crazy
- Daniel Clowes’ Playful Obsession
- Various communist leaders
- The DisneyXD DuckTales revival
- Hey, Hostess® Fruit Pies! Give us a call! Let’s talk!
- Bone: The Great Cow Race
- Clue: the comic book
- Only a Poor Old Man
- The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck
- Jonah Hex/Yosemite Sam Special #1
Join us in two weeks as we get ready for another Netflix show (Marvel’s The Defenders) with the death and resurrection of Elektra in Frank Miller’s Daredevil!