In this episode, Kevin and “Old Man Holman” mark the release of the new Logan movie by gassing up the Spider-Mobile for a road trip across a post-apocalyptic wasteland to discuss Wolverine: Old Man Logan, collecting Wolverine #66-72 and Wolverine: Old Man Logan Giant-Size #1, published by Marvel Comics.
Fifty years after the villains of the Marvel Universe teamed up to defeat the world’s heroes, a haunted Logan has forsaken violence to live a peaceful life of farming with his wife and two children. But when he can’t pay his rent to the vicious Hulk Gang, the promise of a financial windfall leads him on a dangerous cross-country trip with the blind archer Hawkeye.
Can the man formerly known as Wolverine outrun rampaging dinosaurs, creepy Moloids and his own dark past long enough to save his family? Can he keep from popping his claws and returning to his savage ways? And can he gain admittance to that alternate reality known as … The Comics Canon?
Things Discussed in This Episode:
- Giant Size Man-Thing
- Kevin mispronounces Morry Hollowell’s name
- Where Curt draws the line
- Reading comics on a tablet
- #NotmyHawkeye and Kevin’s fanboy struggle
- The post-apocalypse economy
- Curt likes a big map
- Paste Pot Creek and Otisburg
- “Poor Poor Pitiful Me”
- “Gigglin’” Glen Weldon
- The world’s smallest counterfeiting machine?
- Hawkeye Vol. 1: My Life as a Weapon
- Secret Wars
- Asterios Kokkinos’ The Five-Minute Podcast