In this episode, Curt and Kevin travel to a galaxy far, far away to mark the release of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story with a discussion of Darth Vader #1-6, published by Marvel Comics!
Following the events of Episode IV: A New Hope, Darth Vader finds himself on the outs with Emperor Palpatine. Enlisting the aid of a “rogue archeologist” and a pair of murderous droids, the Dark Lord of the Sith begins pursuing his own agenda, building a private army and tracking down the hotshot Rebel pilot who brought about the destruction of the Death Star — a young man named Skywalker …
Will his new allies be enough to keep the Empire’s heavy-breathing hatchet man one step ahead of his master? And will his mastery of the dark side of the Force be enough to gain him entry into that mystic order known as … The Comics Canon?
Things Not Discussed in This Episode:
- Carrie Fisher, who died after this episode was recorded
Things Discussed in This Episode:
- The Star Wars Minute
- The challenges of a tie-in comic
- We enjoy saying “Black Krrsantan”
- The Emperor’s Sith List
- Why Darth Vader needs a private email server
- Evil Space Lorelai Gilmore
- The Tom Corbett, Space Cadet Invisible Helmet
- Episode 21 – Flashpoint is a really cool song!
- Journey Into Mystery: Fear Itself
- Darth Maul: Apprentice
- Chad Vader: Day Shift Manager
- Hardware Wars
- Star Wars by Jason Aaron and John Cassaday
- “Not an imaginary story!”
Join us in two weeks as we indulge in some Dangerous Habits to discuss Garth Ennis’ debut run on John Constantine: Hellblazer!