Our first episode is here, and it’s a big one! Join Curt and Kevin as they tackle Fantastic Four issues 48-50, introducing two of the heaviest hitters in the Marvel Universe—none other than that great-granddaddy of king-sized crumbums, the world-devouring Galactus, and his shreddin’ sentinel of the spaceways, the Silver Surfer! Will their combined cosmic might be enough to deliver this titanic tale into that heavenly host of four-color funnybooks … The Comics Canon?
Things discussed in this episode:
- Galactus’ questionable wardrobe choices!
- Stan “The Man” Lee’s passive-aggressive caption writing!
- The senses-stunning synergy of “Joltin’” Joe Sinnott and Jack “King” Kirby!
- The Black Racer: A bridge too far?
- The Fantastic Four as supporting players in their own comic!
- The Silver Surfer: from heel to hero (and this book, which Curt mentions around the 25:00 mark)!
- And the pulse-pounding excitement of superhero college registration!
You can listen to the episode via the player above, or on SoundCloud, iTunes, or Stitcher. And join us in two weeks as we brave the muck-encrusted marshes of southern Louisiana to pass judgment on Saga of the Swamp Thing issues 21-24!